Hi, I'm Tracey and I am a professional family and business branding photographer based in Whangarei.
I absolutely love planning prints and albums for my clients so we make sure you actually do something with your family portraits! So if you are looking to treat yourself or your extended family to a special family portrait session you will treasure forever, I'd love hear from you.
I grew up in a big family on a farm about 30 mins outside of Whangarei with a photo loving Mum.
With 3 siblings and 15 nieces and nephews, believe me I know just how crazy and chaotic families can be, especially when you mention the words “family photos”. But with two teenage girls, I also know just how precious family photos really are.
My family sessions are more of an adventure than a “photoshoot”. We will pick a fabulous Whangarei location and just go wandering! Yep we will get those "posed" group shots, but my real strength is in engaging your family so you can relax and have fun. That way I can capture the real love and connections between you all.
My style is based on casual, nature inspired sessions and I have a few favourite beach & park locations up my sleeve in case you need some ideas.
My children have grown up on the stages of Whangarei singing and acting in what seems like a million concerts and musical theatre productions. Since they started singing with Opera North 10 years ago, I have volunteered as the show photographer so I'm pretty used to working with people of all ages in front of my lens (and the odd little diva - or three!). So don't stress about "being on your best behaviour" for photos with me, I'll just go with the flow and we'll adapt as we need to.
If you want to chat about a session for your family, drop me a message and let's catch up.
THINGS I LOVE
- I have two teenage daughters and I love having them join me on my photoshoots. They carry your shoes, entertain the kids so we can get Mum & Dad shots and film cool behind the scenes videos for me
- I love music and musical theatre - I have photographed events for years for both Opera North & Whangarei Theatre Company. Phantom of the Opera was my all time favourite!
- My favourite place to chill out is at Taupo Bay in the Far North.
- When I am feeling energetic I love to kickbox and climb Mt Parihaka.
- When I am not feeling so energetic, I love to escape into a good book.
I am a jean shorts and barefeet kind of photographer who loves translating your vision into an album or framed prints for your wall. Sessions with me are super relaxed and fun. I edit in a timeless, true to life colour style.
Want to see how this translates into a family portrait session?